Friday, August 24, 2012

'Lette Macarons at Fashion Island

I stumbled upon this little macaron store on accident while I was shopping for a dress. First off the store is TINY. I was waiting in there with an older couple. The man decided to wait for his wife outside because it already felt cramped in there. Anyways, they have a good selection of macarons. I think I've tried almost every flavor. My favorites are pistachio, almond, and vanilla. The lychee flavor was surprisingly good as well. Each macaron has a strong flavor. I was also surprised the almond was so strong. I've had other almond flavored desserts that only have a subtle almond flavor. Any flavor you pick  should turn out fine. So I suppose it's up to personal preference.

Be aware though. buying a gift box is not worth it unless you buy the box of 12 or more. Otherwise it's cheaper to buy them individually. I made this mistake the first time I came here. So don't make the same mistake! Sure, it's only a few cents. But hey, it's a recession and every cent matters. That being said, these little babies are still pricey which is why they are a once in a while indulgence for me. Check out their website for pricing and flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment