Thursday, September 20, 2012

Grilled Pork with Grape and Arugula Salad

I got this recipe from Great Easy Meals by Food Network Magazine. This is an awesome book I use a lot to make food for my family. Most of the meals can be finished relatively quickly and this is one of them. It took me about 35-45 minutes from start to finish. Maybe it doesn't seem like that fast, but compared to food that takes 4-5 hours, like my failed ravioli attempt, 35-45 minutes is pretty quick. 

Grilled Pork with Arugula and Grape Salad
adapted from Great Easy Meals

1 medium shallot
2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 5-oz boneless pork chops (I like to use thin cut)
3/4 cup red seedless grapes, halved
4 cups baby arugula
1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese

  1. Mix together the shallot, vinegar, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
  2. Put the pork chops in a bowl. Add 1 tsp thyme and 3 tbs of the dressing. Use your hands to coat the pork with the marinade and let it sit for 5 minutes. Note: You can also season the pork chops with salt if you like before you marinade, but I don't because I think they are salty enough with just the marinade. I've made this recipe before where I have salted the chops and they come out too salty for my preference.
  3. Heat the grill pan on medium-high. Grill the pork about 4-5 minutes per side so that it is cooked through. Plate the pork on individual small plates or on a single large plate depending on how you like to serve your meals.
  4. In a large bowl, toss the grapes, arugula, and gorgonzola together. You can add the dressing to the salad but I like to serve it separate so my family can portion their dressing to their preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment