Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spaghetti with Veal Parmesan

Today I made spaghetti with veal parmesan for dinner. I never worked with veal before, but I have had chicken parmesan which is something I adore. I heard it works with veal too so I tried it out since veal happened to be sitting in my refrigerator. Since I wasn't the one who bought these, I want to try the recipe again but with veal cutlets. So the pieces will be thinner and there would be no bone. The meat was very moist. The spaghetti I just cooked according to the package and added some olive oil after draining.
Veal Parmesan Recipe:
8 veal cutlets (but I used chops)
Salt and pepper
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup parmesan
1.5 cups flour
3 eggs, beaten
1 24 oz. can tomato sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Basil, chopped
Olive oil

Mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese either on a large plate or on a piece of parchment paper laid over the countertop. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the veal to your desired amount. Dip the veal into the eggs, let the excess drip off then coat it in the flour. Coat the veal in the breadcrumb mixture.

Drizzle some olive oil into a skillet over medium heat. Place the veal into the skillet and cook about 4 minutes on each side until browned. Transfer the veal into a baking dish. Cover with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and basil on top of the veal pieces. Bake in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment