Saturday, March 24, 2012

Freesoulcaffe

Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake
Freesoulcaffe is a little vegan place in Old Towne Tustin, CA. I always find vegan places have high ratings on yelp even if I believe they aren't that deserving. However, I really like this place. Even though its on the pricey side, I guess you gotta pay a premium to be meat-free. 

I've had the BLT, which is made with tofu bacon. (Forgot to take a pic, sorry!) It's really quite tasty, but you can't compare to real bacon. I think whenever comparisons are made to real meat, the vegetarian "fake" stuff can never measure up. So just take it for what it is, for tofu bacon it's pretty yummy. 

Key lime pie is one of my new favorite desserts. I've only recently discovered a love for lemony, citrus-y flavored sweets. So I decided to give this key lime cheesecake a shot. It doesn't taste as creamy as a regular cheesecake, but it's not bad. I didn't feel heavy and weighed down after eating. It had a nice lime zing to it. But even though it looks small its way to big to finish for one person. I wanted to share with Nick but he was busy with his 100 chicken nuggets.

No comments:

Post a Comment