Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Birthday Cake and Free Ben and Jerry's

Today at work we celebrated my coworker's birthday. We had lunch from Bruegger's, which actually makes pretty decent sandwiches. BLT is one of my favorites and the vegetables they put in theirs were fresh and tasty. I think in a BLT the quality of the ingredients makes all the difference. The birthday cake we had was the chocolate marble cake from French's Bakery. The chocolate pieces honestly looked really delicious but they tasted horrible. The chocolate wasn't creamy and the texture was extremely soft and weird. I can't really describe what was wrong with it. But it just didn't taste how I expect chocolate to taste. The cake inside was overly sweet and not very moist.
Chocolate Marble Cake - French's Bakery
The line to get into Ben and Jerry's wraps around the fountain
Ben and Jerry's is offering free ice cream on 4/3 because it is their anniversary I believe. Nick and I went to the one closest to our house. The line was super long, it stretched all the way around the fountain. You can't see it in the picture but right before the entrance there is a little roped off section the line goes into that twists and turns around just like the way the lines at Disneyland are organized. Even though it looked like it would take a long time, we only waited about 30 minutes. They had run out of some flavors by the time Nick and I got there. No more cookie dough. I had the sweet cream and cookies flavor while Nick had the coffee. He enjoyed his, he loves coffee flavored stuff. I think the Oreo Overload from Cold Stone is better than Sweet Cream and Cookies from Ben and Jerry's simply because the cookies are nice and crunchy from Cold Stone and it adds more taste and texture that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment