Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Freesoulcaffe Part 2

This is a return trip to one of my favorite Vegan spots Freesoulcaffe, click to see part 1 where I also talk about the BLT (pictured below). It's super delicious. I can't finish the whole one by myself, this time I shared with Nick. I would never think that vegetables are filling but they are! P.S. I don't use salad dressing.
BLT
I decided to give the vegan red velvet cupcake a shot. I adore the red velvet cupcakes from Sprinkles. I haven't had them at many other places yet, but I want to try a few more bakeries in my area. The good thing about this particular cupcake is that I didn't feel weighed down and heavy after I ate it. Usually after eating Sprinkles I feel a little sick if I devour the whole cupcake at once. The cake part was nice, spongy, moist. The frosting however was not how I would have expected. Obviously since it's vegan there isn't going to be cream cheese frosting, which is probably my favorite part of red velvet desserts. Overall, the frosting wasn't bad. It was very sugary, I felt like I could feel the sugar particles inside the frosting. The taste wasn't sickening or artificial though. However, I would prefer the other desserts they offer at Freesoulcaffe, like the peanut butter torte or the key lime cheesecake.
Vegan Red Velvet Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment