Thursday, April 19, 2012

Insalata Caprese

My dinner a few days ago. I don't normally like salad but for some reason I don't think of insalata caprese as a "salad". Plus it tastes good, it's filling, and super easy to make. Here's what I do, this plate was shared between Nick and I:
3 tomatoes
1 ball of fresh mozzarella
few sprigs of fresh basil
salt
pepper
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

Slice the tomatoes, slice the cheese to make little circles. Then I cut the mozzarella again to make little half circles. Attempted to put one half circle of cheese in between each tomato slice, but I had 3 leftover pieces, so some tomatoes have a full circle of cheese in between. Cut the basil into pieces, you can make them as small or as big as you like, you don't even have to cut them at all if you don't want to. Sprinkle it on top along with some salt and pepper. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar to your taste. I like mine with a bit more vinegar than oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment