Sunday, February 19, 2012

Shaved Snow

Today I went to lunch with my mom and sister to a restaurant called Class 302 in Rowland Heights, CA. The interior of the restaurant is modeled after a Taiwanese elementary school. The desks and chairs are supposedly the same type that are used in the schools. There's a chalkboard with Mandarin on the wall. The space is extremely small and cramped. I'll admit its also quite a long drive from my house. But I had a craving for this place so it was worth the trip. The main item that I wanted was the shaved snow.
It's not like normal shaved ice. First off the ice is flavored, this particular one is made of milk. The other flavors include green tea and mango. The ice is shaved off in sheets instead of little crystals, like Hawaii shaved ice. On top is condensed milk, which I wish they'd give you more of. The other "toppings" are actually underneathe the ice, which include: azuki beans (red beans), rice balls, and egg pudding. The azuki beans here are of low quality in my opinion, they taste like they came out of a can. Same with the egg pudding, tastes manufactured and is more water than pudding. Rice balls are good though, nice and chewy. But I can forgive the quality of the toppings because as a whole, this is the best Asian style shaved snow I have had. The fluffiness and softness of the snow is superior to other Asian shaved ice places.

No comments:

Post a Comment