Friday, February 17, 2012

Vietnamese Noodle Soup

I'm going to be cooking my way through this cookbook by Food Network Magazine, Great Easy Meals. I've done a few before, some recipes I like more than others. But today I made the Vietnamese Noodle Soup which is on page 3.
Here's a picture of the finished product. The family liked it, so I will probably be making it again. It's pretty simple to make and assemble. It's very flavorful, the star anise and cinnamon stick works well. It doesn't taste super cinnamon-y at all actually but you can smell the aroma when you're making the soup. I didn't use traditional rice vermicelli noodles, like you'd usually find in pho soup. Mostly because I couldn't find any at the market, I just used some random rice noodles and it turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment