Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mac and Cheese, Roast Beef Sandwich, French Bread

I made this meal a while ago. I can't remember where I found the macaroni and cheese recipe or the french bread recipe. But I remember the mac and cheese wasn't that good. The family didn't like it, said it tasted too much like herbs, which is something I'd have to agree with. And the cheese was too bitter tasting for the kids. The kids did, however, like the sandwich. My brother liked it enough to ask for seconds, which never happens! So I was pretty stoked!

Roast Beef Sandwich with Watercress and Horseradish Sauce
Serves 4

Sauce
1/4 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
2 tbs. mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Sandwich
1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed
4 small french baguettes, or (two large-ish ones cut in half)
3/4 lb. lean roast beef, thinly sliced
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced

  1. Sauce: combine yogurt, horseradish, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir.
  2. Sandwich: spread sauce on the bottom and top halves of the bread. Start building the sandwich by layering the bottom piece of bread, then 1/4 cup watercress, a few slices of roast beef, tomato, and onion to your desire. Top with the top half of the bread. You're good to go.













No comments:

Post a Comment