Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Panzanella with Italian Sausage

Panzanella with Italian Sausage

This is a favorite of mine. From Ellie Krieger's So Easy. Really simple to make and tastes fabulous. So it's perfect for days when you don't have a lot of time. I buy usually buy the bread pre-sliced so I don't have to do it myself. I used white bread here instead of whole grain since that's all that was in stock at the store at the time.



8 medium ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
1 small English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise then sliced
1/2 medium red onion, cut in half then thinly sliced
3 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 small baguette, cut into 3/4 in. chunks (I buy mine pre-sliced then cut the slices in half)
1/3 cup basil leaves, chopped
1 12-oz. package Italian sausage (I use Aidells Italian Sausage)

  1. Toss the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add bread and basil, toss well.
  2. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Cook the sausage for 8 minutes, turning halfway through, until grill marks form. Serve sausage with panzanella.

No comments:

Post a Comment